Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Football Story

As everyone all knows, BYU fell to Utah 48-24 last night. The game was very, very good until the fourth quarter, when Utah scored 21 points off three BYU turnovers.

However, I think Max Hall (BYU's QB) said it best:

"It's just a football game," Hall said. "It's a big football game. But to be honest with you, I'm going to go home with my wife and my family, and I'm going to go home for Thanksgiving. And there's bigger things in life than football. But like I said, it hurt. Football's a big part of my life and there are definitely some things I can learn from."

He's right! Max Hall might get blamed by all the BYU fans for the loss, because he threw five interceptions. Me? I'm not blaming him, and I am not angry with him either. I am proud of Max for recognizing that yes, football is important to him, but things like family are much more important to him.

And so I learned a very valuable lesson last night after the game: There aren't only cons for losing football games--there are pros as well. Failing or losing at something like football shows us that we have room to improve. It also gives us the chance to realize--like Max did--that there are better things out there in life.

And so...Although BYU lost...Yesterday was still a good day for me in that I was able to see my brothers, and we were able to create a memory with eachother!

FTW.

4 comments:

eBN said...

Of course the memories we made at the last two UCLA games were a bit more memorable.

Booyeah!

BDN said...

Yes, you are right, EBN. Those UCLA games were AWESOME!!!! Especially the Vegas bowl last year. *hopes this year's bowl is just as sweet* But I hope we don't win by blocking a FG. I hope we win by like...throwing a 99 yard TD pass!!

The Watts said...

So like I only listened to a few minutes of the game, right when we tied it up in the 2nd quarter, but couldn't stand to listen longer, I get sick to my stomach....so is BYU going to a bowl game? I am slow

BDN said...

Yes, BYU will most likely be going to the Vegas Bowl. Brent Nelson and I will be there!!!