Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Six Day Weekend And Other Adventures

First of all--the six day weekend probably wasn't the best idea. I was piled with a bunch of homework to do Tuesday night, and then I was welcomed back to school with even more make-up work. I'm almost done making everything up, though, and it feels good.

Voting in the election was pretty sweet. It's a shame it went the way it did, but we'll just have to accept Obama as the new president and see what happens. It should be interesting. The good news is: If Obama makes it four years, he will be running again, opposed to Hilary Clinton being able to run. That's about the only positive thing I can think of right now, though. :) Like I said--it'll be interesting!

Monday was a pretty sweet day as well. Timmy convinced me to let him ditch with me, and his friend Skyler joined us and my other friends. My good friend Scott, though, could only skip with us if he went to first period (band) first. So while Scott was at band, Tara, Timmy, Skyler, and I went to IHOP. I got the all-you-can-eat pancake combo, and it's pretty much the worst deal ever. Why? Well, my friend, you can't really eat many pancakes before you are stuffed. I ate a grand total of five pancakes. Good thing it was cheap! ;)

After eating, Scott met us at IHOP. We then went to Sunset Station to go bowling. They had a deal where you could bowl one game for one dollar. (We later found out that this deal was for hotel guests only--the guy must have thought we were hotel guests because we were there so early in the morning/not at school.) And so we boweled five games, and I was NOT good. Skyler almost broke the whole bowling alley down...It's a long story, and I prefer not to share it. ;)

On Monday, Timmy decided that he wanted to get an iPod touch with all birthday money. However, he was short $20-$30, so he and I made a deal. I would pay for the rest of the new iPod, and he would give me his old iPod in return. And so we shook on it, and it's supposed to be coming in the mail today. Timmy is pretty excited for it.

I've been having a lot of fun with the old iPod as well. I put a lot of my music on it, and now I am working on putting Christmas DVD's on it. Right now I am watching Home Alone 2 to make sure it works. I am testing them all, because Elf crashed half-way through the movie for some reason! And we want to especially make sure Home Alone and Home Alone 2 work, because the tradition is starting in three weeks!! :)

Other than all that...I've just been busy with work and what not. GameStop is starting to give me a few more hours, and I'm starting to get the job a little more. So--overall--I am doing pretty good!! I am excited for another four day weekend this weekend. :)

2 comments:

The Watts said...

Thank you son, for the update! I think everyone must be busy, cuz it seems there hasn't been many comments lately, sounds like you have had a lot of fun. So have you boys come up with your Christmas list yet, better get it to me soon. I have an idea but I will have to run it by Darin and you boys.Love you

Shayla said...

An iPod for less than $30! Can't beat that. Hope you're enjoying it. I sure do love mine. Not that I ever use it anymore with 2 kids...

Hope this long weekend has been fun for you so far. You'll have to fill us in on your many adventures!