Thursday, January 29, 2009

Destroying A Rumor :)

One of the greatest friends I have made while living in Henderson is my excellent friend Tara Richards. She and I have been in classes together since Freshman year, but we didn't ever say a word to each other until sophomore year when we would talk every now and then.

Tara moved to Coronado High School after sophomore year, and I thought I'd never see her again. However, one day during the second semester of junior year, Tara returned to Foothill, and she was in a few of my classes. And that was the beginning of what became an excellent, excellent friendship. (First Climax, BTW: Working at El Pollo Loco together during the summer!)
Tara and I do almost everything together. We hang out during the weekdays when most people our age don't. And we are always making each other laugh. We tell each other everything, and we trust each other. :)

Well, our best-friendship caught people's attention, but they didn't exactly get the right idea of it all. At school, rumors are spreading about me and Tara like crazy--We have both had multiple people come up to us and say, "So how is Tara/Ben? I heard you guys were dating?"

Tara and I were talking about it tonight after the Foothill basketball game, and we were talking about how funny everyone was for thinking that she and I were dating. While in the bathroom at El Pollo Loco, I thought of an excellent idea that would help me and Tara get rid of all the rumors: We would both wear shirts with the words "No, I am not dating Tara/Ben" on them tomorrow at school. And so we got to work...


Tara working on her shirt!

Me and Tara!


The Back of My Shirt!


The front of my shirt!


The Back of Tara's Shirt!


The Front of Tara's Shirt!


Me and Tara modeling our sweet shirts!

The back of our shirts FTW.
And one more thing about Tara: She isn't LDS. :) But she is very interested in the Gospel, and I have taught her a lot. She has been over for a few Family Home Evenings, and she is now wanting to take the discussions! She said I could baptize her, too. ;) It is all very exciting, and I hope everything works out. If you guys don't mind, could you pray for me as I continue sharing the Gospel with Tara? This has been an excellent way for me to prepare for my mission!! :)

4 comments:

Shayla said...

Those shirts are hilarious. You'll have to let us know how people reacted to them. She sounds like a great girl. And that's so awesome that she's interested in the gospel. Thanks for sharing it with her!

Kerstin said...

So Ben, I heard you were dating this girl named Tara....;)j/k. You guys are cute. I hope your friend accepts the gospel, that would be awesome!

Todd said...

Epsilon brother epsilon :)

The Watts said...

That is awesome, I know how exciting it is to have a friend become interested in the gospel it is the most exciting thing, I hope that she opens her heart and listens to the spirit. I had a couple of friends join the church in high school and it was so exciting to see that they were still active 30 years later!