Saturday, January 10, 2009

Today

Today was a really good day. It went by really fast, but it was great! I am not exactly sure WHY, but I have been a really good mood this last week; however, I think it might have something to do with the New Years Resolutions I have been working on. When you work toward your goals, and you get closer to acheiving those goals, I think it really puts you in a good mood. Anyways....

Before I go on about MY day, I just wanted to wish my little nephew Landon a happy fourth birthday!! I cannot believe Landon is already four-years-old. It feels just like yesterday when he was first born, and it really makes me realize how fast time can fly. I love my nieces and my nephews to death, and I hope Landon had a good birthday. I love you, Landon, and I miss you, too!!! :)

I had to wake up pretty early this morning. Okay, maybe it wasn't TOO early, but I had to wake up around eight because I had to go babysit the Brunsons' kids while they went to the Temple. I think it seemed really early because I didn't get much sleep this week. (But that's my fault, of course.) But yeah--it was really great to see the Brunson kids again. They were so excited to show me what they got for Christmas, and it was a lot of fun. Alyson (the youngest) is almost two-years-old, and it's been fun watching her grow up. I remember when I first started babysitting her, and she was kind of afraid of me. But the last couple of times I've babysat has been great because she actually laughs at me and plays with her toys with me. And today she gave me a hug before I left, and it was really cute. :)

I got home around 12:30, and I watched the BYU basketball game. At half-time, I had to go get Timmy from his friend's house; I got home and finished the game. And befor I knew it, it was time to meet at the church for baptisms. It was Logan's first time doing baptisms and it was really great watching him do it for the first time. He was really excited, and I realized how blessed I am to have little brothers who share that same love for the Gospel as I do.

My good friend Ronnie Olsen was endowed this morning, and he came to the baptisms for the dead session to help out. Wow. It was really awesome, because I never thought I would be getting confirmed and baptized for the dead via Ronnie because he is only about nine months older than me. It was really great to see, though, and it made me really excited to get to the point where Ronnie is at now. Ronnie is leaving to Canada on his mission in February, and he will make a great missionary!

After the temple...Logan, Wyatt, Brother Morgan, Buddy Williams, and I all went to FatBurger. Brother Morgan has a lot of sweet stories because he is a cop; and he told us a lot of the ones from when he used to work on that side of town. (He was at the scene when the two girls from Vegas got in that car wreck on Sahara those many years ago.) It was really fun! I am really grateful for leaders like Buddy Williams and Brother Morgan; they are two of the greatest leaders I have ever had, and they are great examples to me. Oh, and did I mention how good FatBurger is? I love that place. It was Logan's first time there, and he loved it! Haha.

And I just got home not too long ago. :) I am really tired....
I hope everyone has a good, safe weekend!!

2 comments:

Todd said...

epsilon brother hahah remembers fatburger... hahah

Marley said...

Hey Benji! I was wondering where I could get a new background. The place I got my last background at is down.... My mom told me to ask you. Thanks!