Sunday, October 19, 2008

Homecoming 2008 (In Review)


Sorry it's taken me a whole 24 hours to let everyone know how homecoming went. :)Homecoming was pretty sweet for me. I only hope that my three buddies can say the same! ;)

For those of you who don't know, my good friend Jared Brummett and I doubled for homecoming this year. JB took my good friend Chelsea, and I took my pal Angela. It was good to be around all three of them, and it really brought back some memories of the good ol' days!

Homecoming actually started off on a bad note. I visited with Brent Nelson for a few minutes before I made my way to JB's house. That was excellent, and I was ready to go! But then I got to JB's house, and he asked me a question about my corsage. My heart sank as I realized that I forgot Angela's corsage in my fridge at home. I looked at JB's clock, and it was 4:18 PM. The plan was to pick up Angela around 5:00 PM. I decided I had time if I were to leave right away. So...I did, and I got back to JB's around 5:10 PM or so. It was definitely a scary moment, though!

Before I tell everyone what we did...I just want to let everyone know how JB and I planned this date. I had a few goals in mind. A)Spend a small amount of cash, B)Do simple, but fun activities, and C)Don't make a fiend out of yourself. Well, I dunno about part C, because I definitely DID say some weird, random things, and it probably was an overall fiendish preformace by me, but it was still fun in the end. :) Part B was probably a B-; we did some simple things, but I could have probably made it more fun. Part A was successful; I dunno about JB, but I spent less than $40, which was an excellent amount compared to last year's expensive homecoming adventure.

Anyways! We started the date off with a little picture-taking. Usually, I talk with someone and get them to take pictures for us. However, last year the lady that took my homecoming pictures never gave them to us, so...JB and I decided to take matters into our own hands. The plan was to just go somewhere nice and take a few shots. Of course, we ended up at the temple because it's a very beautiful place. Sister Seastrand and Brother Seastrand actually ended up coming to take group pictures for us, and it was very helpful! *appreciates*

After pictures, we went to Olive Garden. I love that place. We got stuck with a pretty weird waitress, but she was really pretty sweet. She made us laugh a lot, though. JB got some dipping sauce for our breadsticks, and we asked the waitress what the "green stuff" was in the dip. She looked at us, held up three fingers, and then said, "Four cheese!" Well, we already knew it was a four-cheese dip, but we wanted to know what the green, seasony stuff was, so...We got a good laugh from that! And then there was a really weird waiter that told us some weird story about how his daughter went to homecoming, and how he got angry when the boy kissed his daughter or something??? I am still curious as to what the guy was talking about, really.

We made our way to Boulder City after dinner. As I mentioned in an earlier posts, we were going up to the top of a mountain in Boulder City. On the way up there, we found a little rest stop, and we stopped there to take a much-needed bathroom break (for me, anyways). But before we knew it, we were on the old dusty trail again. It took a while to get up there, but we eventually made it.

When we got up there, JB and I realized we didn't bring any flashlights. Not good. I made these "Constellation Books" that were full of constellations that you could see in the sky. They were pretty sweet books, but they were pretty pointless if it was too dark to read them. HAHA. So JB and I decided to skip that part and just start our little dance. JB started the music up via my car, and we danced to two songs; JB and I danced with our dates and then each other's dates. After dancing, we just chilled up on the mountain and talked and took more pictures. It was sweet. I saw two shooting stars!!

After the mountain adventure, we headed back to Henderson to get a carwash. A carwash was always on my list of "random activities for a date" but I actually needed to get one because my dad asked me to. So it all worked out! After getting the carwash, we went to my Albertson's and bought our dates some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. We made our way to my house, where we ate the delicious ice cream.

And that was it! I thought it was an excellent time. :) Everyone be sure to go here and check out the pictures:

6 comments:

eBN said...

three things:

1) why do you always have to whittle so much? You probably went three times on our way up to Provo

2) Booyeah

3) nice carwash idea

BDN said...

HAHA. Man...No one believes me, but I really think I have a bladder problem. I drink a lot of water, but I pee thrice as much as I drink!!

The Watts said...

you were probally just nervous or scared that always makes you have to pee! Brent should know LOL

Kerstin said...

Wow TMI Mom:), Sounds like a fun date. Too bad I wasn't there I could have gotten some sweet shots for you. You all look cute in your pictures.

Theresa said...

isn't it amazing what we can do with photoshop these days? your pic looks great,.. were there any more?

Cynthia said...

Well BDN, I'm glad you guys had a great time! Angela had the perfect date!