Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Journey To Boulder City

Homecoming is next weekend--October 18. Luckily enough, my side-kick and I have had the date planned out for a few weeks now, which is excellent. I remember last year--for both Homecoming and Prom--there was so much last-second planning. And good to not have any of that.

But alas! Today my very good friend, Jared Brummett (JB, for short), came over to my house. Our goal: Check out the area in Boulder City where we are going to do some fun activities for Homecoming. You see--there is a trail in Boulder City that leads to the top of a mountain, and that was our destination. (Yes, a mountain is a weird place to do something for homecoming, but just wait--it's going to be sweet.)

We drove up to the top today in my family's jalopy of a van, and it was excellent! You get a pretty sweet view of both Vegas and Boulder City, and I am really looking forward to seeing it at night. It truly is quite the sight!

At the top of the mountain, JB and I ate some Little Caesars pizza that he brought as a late b-day gift for me. And then he took me to McDonalds once we were done for milkshakes. Thank you, brother JB!

It was quite the adventure, and I am looking forward to next weekend!

2 comments:

The Watts said...

I never knew that you were so close to Jared Brunnett, has this been mainly since the toots has left or what? I think I asked but got no answer, are you going to Vegas's homecoming or to your schools?

BDN said...

Yeah, JB and I have been pretty close the last two months or so. He's a really good kid, and I think a lot of people fail to see the goodness within him. He's a great friend.

I am going to Homecoming on the night of Foothill's homecoming, but I am going with some of my buddies from Vegas. :)