Friday, October 31, 2008

The Last Couple Of Days

My new baby nephew Seth was born on Tuesday, and it was a pretty exciting day. I truly do love my nieces and nephews, and it is excellent to now have five of them! :)

Also on Tuesday night, our stake had a youth Halloween party. I had to miss it, because I was babysitting, but it sounded like it was pretty fun.

On Wednesday night, Brent Nelson brought Brighton over so that I could watch him while Brent went to see Shayla and Baby Seth in the hospital. Brighton, Luke, Logan, Timmy, and I watched The Incredibles. Around 5 PM or so, I went to McDonalds and picked up some food for us. I got a few things off the dollar menu, and then I got Brighton a chicken nuggets kids meal.

While Brent was here, he told me that it was the worst being away from his wife and his new-born child while they were in the hospital. Although Brent still had Brighton, he seemed a little lonely and sad/down, which is understandable. And so after Brent left with Brighton, I thought it over a little bit, and I decided that I was going to take Thursday off from school to go to Brent's house instead to keep him some company and to help him out with Brighton. And so after Seminary Thursday morning...I made my way to Brent's house, and helped out a little bit. I am very glad Shayla and Baby Seth are home and healthy! :)

Thursday night was a fun night. I babysat the Brunson's kids and then I went to Foothill's last game of the season (excluding playoffs). We lost to Coronado in overtime, and it was probably some of the worst officiating I have ever seen by the refs. But I'm probably just saying that because we lost and all the dumb penalties were against us. Haha. Had we won, I would have probably said it was a well-reffed game. ;) The funny thing: Foothill is still going to playoffs next week with a 2-4 league record. We play Las Vegas in the first round, and we are going to get destroyed!!

After the game, my friend Jeff and I went to IHOP. There is an IHOP next to my house, but it is only open until 10 PM. Jeff did some research, and we found an IHOP that is opened 24 hours, and so we drove out there and ate some breakfast around 11 PM or so. I got the breakfast sampler and it was delicious.

Today's been a fun day as well. Some friends and I went to the regional cross country race, and Foothill got second place for both the boys and the girls. The guys would have won, but a few players junked up, and were inelligible. Our girls team has the best girl runner in the state. Leah Leedy is a senior, and I've had a few classes with her since my sophomore year. She is so fast, and she can run faster than a lot of the guys! She finished a good minute or two before any of the other girls. It was sweet, and I hope she wins state next week!!

I am not exactly sure what the plan for Halloween is tonight, but I do believe I will just go to a Halloween party...

2 comments:

The Watts said...

Sounds like you had a busy week, hope you had a nice Halloween! Love you!

Kerstin said...

I love IHOP!!! I hope you are having a fun 6 day weekend. I wish I could be there to enjoy it with you.