Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not Yet! (The Time Thief)

Last night Timmy told me that my Aunt Marrae and a few other people had told him that today was the day we set out clocks back one hour.

Last night, Timmy and I were on that side of town, and I was hanging out with some friends until about 1 AM. But then Timmy told me it was the day to fall back. And so I thought, "Excellent. I can set the clock back, and we won't be back as late." So we got home around what I thought was 12:45 AM, and I thought, "Sweet!"

Well, I woke up this morning around 7:00 AM, and we had stake conference at 10:00AM, and I was glad for my extra hour or sleep, thinking I still had three hours to get ready. Something was fishy, though: The computer clocked hadn't changed...The cell phones hadn't changed...And the atomic clock hadn't changed!

And so I did a little Google-research and found out that the time actually falls back NEXT Sunday. And then suddenly I only had about an hour and a half to get ready, rather than two hours and a half. I am glad we caught our mistake before it was too late! :)

2 comments:

The Watts said...

Yeah, why did congress have to go and mess up the whole extra hour of sleep the weekend before Halloween, now trick or treaters will either be wondering the streets later in the night on Halloween or even weirder we will have knocks on our doors before the sun goes down SIC!

Theresa said...

so,... did anyone find out if aunt marrae was mistaken or timmy? it would be funny if she missed something as a result,...Hopefully timmy was just mistaken since you guys were able to catch your error.