Monday, August 25, 2008

Back To School Letter

Dear Friends,

So I started this tradition a few years ago where I write all my friends right before school starts. I was planning on doing this last night, but my computer crashed, and I spent my night fixing it, rather.

Like my good friend Jared Brummett, I just wanted to wish everyone good luck this year and what not. I know everyone dreads school and what not, but high school can be really great if you let it be great. But I am sure we all know that.

I challenge everyone to make the Gospel a priority in your life. I know from personal experience that it'll make a difference. My freshman and sophomore years were really miserable for me because I didn't exactly participate in seminary the way I should have. My younger friends, don't make the same mistake I did. Don't sleep during seminary, etc.

All my senior friends...Remember two things:

A)Drama is for teen-agers.
B)You aren't a teen-ager anymore.

Maintain a positive attitude, my friends. It's so much easier for Satan to get to us if we are negative. I also know this from personal experience.

My friends, I love you, and I appreciate the great memories you guys have provided with me the last few years. It's been great, and it's really sad to think that this is my last year with everyone before I go on my mission.

I hope everyone has a safe and exciting school year! :)

Your Friend,
BDN

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

great letter! Important things to remember