Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can't Sleep (Short, Random Thoughts)

Random Thought #1:
I have that familiar feeling again. I love it so much, but I really hate it at the same time. Why love something you can't have, ya know? (Don't ask; you'll get nothing out of me. These are my thoughts.)

Random Thought #2:
I started shedding a few tears randomly at work today. I realized that the next few days will be my last BIG days with TAB. He goes to school after this, and then he comes back and goes on his mission. WOW. I was thinking about that, and it really hurt to think about. Sure--Sometimes I go behind TAB's back and laugh at him a little bit. But I only do that because I love that child. He is one reason the last few years have been great when they could have been bad. If I had to choose ONE best friend (besides my siblings), TAB would easily be that best friend. I will miss you, my son/child.



Random Thought #3:
I was thinking about the younger me, and how immature and fiendish I used to be a few years ago. I really have grown-up a little bit the last few months. Yeah, it's about time, but I wish I could just stop time right now. Today's as good as it's going to get....For now. I do have a lot to look forward to, but it saddens me a little bit to think about that stuff.

Random Thought #4:
With all sad thoughts aside...I am really excited for the next few days. Dad's buying the BYU vs. UCLA tickets tomorrow, and I am excited for that. Depending on whether I work Thursday/Friday...TAB and I have some great activities hidden up our sleeves, and I am excited.

3 comments:

eBN said...

Good rhyme... And thank you for ridding yerself of the tuxedo mask... Wiffer!

Cheers!

Theresa said...

Don't worry Benj. You're just at the crossroads. I hated that part for me because all my friends kind of went their separate ways for a little while, but you all come back and then on to bigger and better things. Just look at KT and Brent. Married and starting the next chapters of their lives raising their kids. :) Yeah, it might not get any easier and better from here, but there are much better things to look forward to at the same time. :) keep enjoying the last good times you have though as single care free kids because it all changes fast. :) But definitely enjoy it while it lasts.

BDN said...

Brent,HAHA. Dudes...I told you the Tuxedo Mask layout was a joke!! ;)