Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family (Definitely) Matters

The last few days have been full of surprise family-visits.

Friday morning, I woke up to my oldest sister Kerstin. She got here pretty early with all of her kids, and she woke all of us boys up. I got to see my new niece Ellalyn for the first time, and I love that child already. I am looking forward to when she is Torilynn's age. Tori has gotten so big, and it's been fun to see her walk around and play with toys and what not!

Friday night, when I was at work, Luke and Logan appeared out of nowhere. I was thinking, "Weird." I looked around to see who they were with, and alas, it was my Mom! I haven't seen my Mom for a while so it was a good surprise. She ordered some food for the boys, and I took my break and ate with them.

Saturday morning, I woke up to Kerstin and her kids again. I was babysitting Landon and Tori while she went to Cynthia's bridal shower. It was definitely an adventure babysitting both Landon and Tori. (I am used to babysitting only one child, usually Brighton or Landon.) Landon and Tori sure do love to eat! Cynthia's fiance ordered some pizza, and Landon loved that. Tori ate some as well, along with two bannas, some cereal, and lots of juice. We watched The Incredibles and Landon loved it. :)

Not long after Kerstin took her kids away, I got a phone call from my good friend and cousin TAB. He told me he was finally back in town, and he was wondering if he could come over and hang-out for a while. I told him he could because I didn't have work. And so I spent most of my evening catching up with TAB, and that was great.

So alas! The combination of seeing Kerstin, her kids, my Mom, and TAB really made this weekend something special! It definitely put me in a good, good mood. And Sunday is only going to make it even better. :) Boo-yeah.

Next up: Cynthia's wedding on Friday. That'll definitely be a good event, but I have a feeling the next few days are going to be some-what hectic!

No comments: