Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Beautiful Day

The last couple of days here in Vegas have truly been nice ones. The weather has been great, and I've been enjoying it.

Today went by really fast. I was up fairly late as usual, and so I didn't wake up until 11 AM. Matthew, Timmy, Logan, and I were planning on going to the movies with Landon at 11 AM, so the first thing I did after waking up was walk out the door. (Very rare!) Landon, Logan, and I saw Wall-E and Timmy and Matthew saw Journey To The Center of The Sun.

Wall-E isn't actually as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Landon, Logan, and I thought it was great. During pretty much the whole movie Landon just kept saying "Wall-E!" and "Eve!" over and over again. It made me laugh. (For those of you who don't know: Eve is Wall-E's lover in the movie.)

I would say it was fifty times better than the last Pixar turd I saw in theatres--Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo has always bugged me quite a bit. I hate when people try and convince me that Finding Nemo and/or A Bug's Life are the best Pixar movies; and then when I tell them I am not a fan of either, they are like, "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THEM!?!". I just laugh at them and think, "Wow. It's called an opinion, my friend." But don't get me wrong--I'll sit down and watch any Pixar movie if I have to, but there are only a select few I would just put in and watch because I want to, if you know what I mean.

After the movies, we all went to McDonalds, and I bought everyone lunch. Landon got fries, Matthew and Logan got Hot'n'Spicys, and Timmy got a double cheeseburger. I, of course, went behind everyone's back and bought two Hot'n'Spicys for myself. Matt and Logan thought we got an extra one or something. In reality, I ordered it for myself. I ate it before Matthew could steal it from me. (He stole BOTH my churros the other night, my friends.) We got home and made the second part of lunch: dino nuggets to go along with Landon's fries. I also gave him a small cup of milk with a straw. He loved it!

And now it's 3:00 PM all over again, and I must go to work soon. I was planning on writing this post tonight, so that I wouldn't have to rush it in before I go to work, but I plan on watching Batman Begins tonight as soon as I get home (I must watch it to prepare for The Dark Knight tomorrow!), so I had to write it now. That, of course, is the good news. The bad news is: Landon leaves while I am at work, and that really makes me sad! I will miss him, but I look forward to seeing him again whenever his mom and his two sisters get here in a few weeks!! :)

And now I'm off to work. Hope this one flies by; I'm tired already.

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

Don't tell Landon you don't like Finding Nemo, he likes that movie alot but not as much as he likes Cars. But it is all good if you don't like it. As fora Bugs Life I don't think I have ever seen that one all the way through. I am glad you guys had fun at the movies.

eBN said...

Hahaha!!! Journey to the center of the SUN?! Hahaha!! I believe you meant earth my friend!

BDN said...

EBN: I said what I said. HAHA. Everyone knew what I meant, ya?

The Dark Knight=GREAT, GREAT FILM. *is still crying after witnessing its greatness*