Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Fly That Couldn't Fly

Yesterday as I was sweeping the floor at El Pollo Loco, I came across a fly on the ground.

"If I'm quick enough, I bet I could sweep him up," I thought to myself. And so I tried.

To my astonishment, the fly was easily swept into the dust pan. "Weird," I thought.

I took a peek into the dustpan, and he wasn't flying out; rather, he was crawling out.

"A fly that cannot fly!" I exclaimed. I let him escape a few times, but then swept him right back up into the dustpan. It was fun teasing the fiend.

I took one more look at him and said, "Why can't he fly? He has two wings! Most unusual, indeed."

And then I emptied my dustpan into the trashcan, and the fly is no more.

6 comments:

eBN said...

This story made my afternoon man.. INSTANT CLASSIC! If I were you I would write a song about it.

*tootles*

BDN said...

Yeah, man. I'm still looking for my creative mind, but if I ever find my old "song-writing skills", I shall make a song.

I mean...Remember the classic "Fat Chub Mania"?? Best. Song. By. BDN.

eBN said...

No, like write a real song like that one you and Chris wrote.

BDN said...

Okay, man. No way. You didn't just diss "FAT CHUB MANIA"!?!?! That song IS a real song, man. You fiend.

hahaha. Yeah, man. The one Chris and I wrote will be an instant classic when it's finished. ;)

Kerstin said...

Fat Chub Mania is the second greatest song next to Victory is Fun and Fancy Free, I'm just saying... Also you are heartless Ben letting that fly die ;)

eBN said...

flies are nast!