Monday, July 7, 2008

Memory Lane

The bad thing about me keeping one of these blogs is that I'll probably want to post something every day. That's just how I am. So I am going to try and not get too excited and post sparingly.

Last night--or this morning, rather--Matthew Nelson and I were up until 3 AM. We were taking a little trip down memory lane; talking about the things of our past, etc.

We started off the journey with a famous home video called "Christmas 1999." Wow. It sure was refreshing to watch that. I about peed myself, and it was just sweet to realize how much cooler I am now than when I was my young, nine-year-old self.

After watching home videos, I decided I would mess around and look some new video games up on the Internet. Matthew joined me, and we checked them out together. But alas! That's not part of our trip down Memory Lane.

Matthew and I probably sat down at my computer and watched YouTube videos for two hours. We decided to look at some videos of rare, Suikoden II footage. (Suikoden II is a game from our younger years.)

We talked about this game for a while as we watched those videos, and it really brought back some memories of when Matthew and I used to play this game in our room in Mississippi. We talked about how sweet the series is and how disappointed we would be if they didn't release a new game soon. (Suikoden V was the last one to come out; that was in 2006.)

Although we mostly talked about something like video games, it was pretty refreshing talking about old times; it truly brought back a lot of memories of the earlier years of 2000. I miss those days!

In other news: My break from work comes to an end today. I have work at 4 PM as usual, and it should be good to be back. I get my second paycheck either tomorrow or Wednesday. I look forward to it; it should be a pretty big one.

6 comments:

Kerstin said...

I don't mind if you post everyday! One of these days I will have to watch that Christmas video..

BDN said...

Thanks, KT. It's good to know that I have a few "fans" out there reading this gem of a blog and what not. ;)

Hahaha. Yeah, we have the home videos on DVD now. I'll need to make some copies and give them to you when you come here, because they are great!

Kerstin said...

hahaha I just want to see if I was really as mean as you say I was...well lets face it I was probably meaner ;)

BDN said...

Hahaha. We were all mean!! Like...none of us would listen to anything Dad was saying and what not. HAHA.

Cynthia said...

How much do you make BDN? You savin for the Mish?

BDN said...

$7 an hour. And I work 36+ hours a week, so...Quite a bit for a first job.