Friday, July 18, 2008

The Day That Was Saved (Also Entitled: BDN's New Favorite Movie)

Wow. It feels like forever since I actually sat at my computer. I can't sleep. I'm about to tell you why.

Today (or yesterday, rather) was supposed to be one of the greatest days of the summer. And while it was one of the greatest days so far...It had potential to also be one of the worst days ever.

You see--it started like this: I woke up around 11 AM or so. "Junk," I think to myself. "The day is already gone." I'm starting to get used to that feeling, though, and so I decided to be a positive about it for once. "Alas!" I thought to myself. "Twelve more hours until I leave to see The Dark Knight."

And so my four hours of free time before work began. I spent it with Matthew and Logan as usual. Three o'clock came along and all was well. I started getting ready for another busy day of work. When I got out of the shower, I turned on a few songs from Wicked, and the brothers and I sang the songs together.

And then that's when it happened. It was time for me to go to work, but before I went I decided I would text my good friend Scott to get some final plans set for the night. (I was originally going to go with my friend Mac, but decided to go with Scotty instead.) The final plan: Scotty would pick me up from work, we would go to the movie, and then he would come back to the house and spend the night.

It fell through, my friends. Scott informed me that both of his cars were in the shop and that he wouldn't be able to drive. "Junk it!" I thought. "Scott and I are the only ones going, and Matthew has to work. And I can't drive!! How are we going to get there??" Matthew told me he would talk to Dad while I was at work to see if he could get Dad to take me and Scott or something. It was risky, but it was a risk we had to take--I had work in fifteen minutes.

But it only got worse. 3:45 PM finally came, and it was time to go to work. I went outside to see which car was still at the house; Dad said something about going to the dentist. To my great surprise, BOTH cars were gone. "JUNK!!" I said to myself. "How am I going to get to work!?" I freaked out for a while, but then I realized that the only way to solve the problem was to stay calm.

And so I called my good friend Brother Payne; he's always been good to me, and he gave me a ride to work one time when the family was out of town. I needed a ride..And I needed it quick! But he never answered. I lost all my calmness and started to freak out again. And that's when Matthew suggested the Beattys. Sister Beatty, being the kind lady that she is, provided me with a last second ride to El Pollo Loco, and I barely made it on time. I really appreciated that.

Work was work. My manager didn't ever asked me to stay, so I left at ten. I called dad around 9 PM and asked him if he could pick me up; he said he didn't have a car. So right after 10:00 PM struck, I began my walk home.

When I got home, I saw that there were still no cars. "DANG IT," I said. "Matthew has let me down. I must see this movie!" The day was officially ruined. Or so I thought. I walked into the house, and Logan informs me that Dad and JoAnn are also going to the movie, because they got free movies tickets. JoAnn got home from the hospital, and Dad, JoAnn, Scotty, and I set off.

So what I'm trying to say is: Our days can only be ruined if we let them be ruined. I almost let that happen today, because I was being so negative. But if we are calm and think positive, everything we'll probably be okay. :)

And I have a new favorite movie now. Usually I have the power to put other movies above my Batman movies. But WOW, my friends, WOW. The Dark Knight was just TOO powerful, and now takes the belt for Best. Movie. Ever. My friends, remember that title: The Dark Knight. Not only is it the movie of the year, but it's the movie of the decade. 'Nuff said. Absolutely great movie.

The only reason I'm awake right now is because A)the movie was so good;I'm still blown away and B)for the first time in my life, I actually got the goose-bumps from watching the Joker. Heath Ledger did an A+ job with this one, my friends. And I'm glad he did because the Joker is my favorite villian from any of the comic series.

Other than that..I can't say much, because I have brothers who are probably reading this that don't want me to spoil the story for them. But I just thought I'd say I recommend it to everyone.

GREAT. FILM.

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am glad your day was saved. Lets be honest I probably won't see the movie but I am glad you liked it and that it lived up to all the hype.Also I am glad Sister Beatty gave you a ride to work that was a close call.
P.S. Why was Joann at the Hospital?

BDN said...

KT, no worries! I'll forgive you if you don't see it. ;) I was just letting everyone know how I feel. Haha. Best. Movie. Ever. *still can't get over it*

Oh yeah--JoAnn was visiting Randee again.