Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today And Yesterday (A True Story)

Sunday amazes me once again. I truly am blessed for what I get every week at Church. My Priesthood leaders are amazing, and I always want to be a little better after listening to their powerful lessons. Today was no exception.

We had a lesson on missionary work. We have missionary lessons often because most of us are leaving in the next year and a half or so. I had a dream last night that I was in the MTC. I was already home-sick, and I didn't seem to have much self-confidence about being there. During Brother Payne's lesson, though, I decided I wasn't going to let that happen. I need to be as ready as I can be, because Heavenly Father needs the best missionaries right now.

After church, I got set apart as the second counsellor in the Priest quorom. It was great. While Bishop Stewart was setting me apart, it felt like I was getting a Father's blessing. I thought that was kind of interesting, but I just realized a few mintues ago that it truly was a Father's blessing--a blessing from my Heavenly Father.

Like I said last night--Yesterday was a good day. I woke up to a phone call from Brent Nelson. He told me that he and Shayla were going to see The Dark Knight, and he was wondering if I would watch Brighton for a few hours. Of course, I agreed to do so, and Brighton was in the palm of my hand within an hour. ;)

Watching Brighton was great fun. He and I mostly chilled in the gameroom. I watched him while he played with all the toys; he is such a precious child! His favorite toys were definitely the little daycare chairs. He liked pulling two chairs over to where I was sitting on the couch, and then he would get on one chair and then point at the other one, motioning me to sit on it. When I sat on the other chair, he got really happy. It was really sweet. :)

Brighton gets car sick, and so he threw up on the way to my house. While his clothes were washing, he wore my old volleyball shirt that I used to wear as a child. It was very cute, and I took some pictures.

After Brighton left, I went straight to work, and that was good as usual. So the reason yesterday was a really good day was simply because I got to spend some time with my little nephew! :)

Brighton trying to go downstairs while eating a pretzel.

Brighton saying goodbye to his Mommy! :)

Brighton playing with his favorite upstairs you--the barn!

Brighton playing with another toy upstairs.

Brighton getting a few more pretzels to eat! :) He also ate a bananna, a pickle, and some grapes.

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

Brighton is so cute! I can't wait to see him. That is sad that he gets car sick.

Shayla said...

Thanks again for watching the kid. And for donating the old volleyball shirt. He did look mighty cute in it! And the chair incident sounds just like something he would do. He has quite a fascination with chairs for some reason. Glad you guys had fun!